It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Help me price these seats please! 

BMW: E46 M3
Post Help me price these seats please!
So I finally posted some extra minty Recaro seats for sale (they were sitting in boxes all summer) and I could use some help:
1) What should I put as an asking price?
2) What should I accept for them at the absolute lowest?

The ad is here so you can get an idea of condition and what's included:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-auto-parts-and-accessories/calgary/recaro-pole-position-leather-seats/1204813862?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

These are currently selling new for $1518 USD ($1990 CAD) each without including shipping and bending over at the border.
Not in a rush to sell and do have the option of marketing them in the US and shipping them from the UPS Store in Eureka, Montana since I have a friend who goes there frequently; however, don't want to go through that hassle if I don't have to.
Just trying to figure out what a reasonable expectation is to have in the local market. Other than, of course, continuous kijiji lowballs which we have all accepted as standard practice. :lmao:

Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:26 pm

BMW: 1997 M3
Post Re: Help me price these seats please!
Firstly, These are great seats.
Im not a fan of fixed buckets in a 2door so I personally wouldn't be keen on them........But I'd be lying if i said I didn't take 30sec to figure out if I could somehow make them work for me-haha

OEMwhore wrote:
Just trying to figure out what a reasonable expectation is to have in the local market.

The sad reality is Ebay knockoff's are everywhere & most of the local kids look at it & say "you're overpriced. My buddy paid $200ea"
Im facing the same with the sale of my car.
Anyway, i think its all a matter of how long do you want to hold onto them waiting for the right buyer with the right price.
I think $1350ea is more than fair. The buyer is saving close to $1000 on one seat when u consider shipping cost plus taxes @ the border

OEMwhore wrote:
Other than, of course, continuous kijiji lowballs which we have all accepted as standard practice. :lmao:

I said to someone the other day that Kijiji lowballers behave like the item you're selling has a firm grasp on your balls & the only way for you to ease the pain, is to accept their offer.
Atleast that's what it feels like to me. :lmao:

Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:27 pm

BMW: 2003 R53
If these aren't posted already on M3F, I would start there. I can't imagine they would last long there and you would sell in USD which is a HUGE plus.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:07 pm

BMW: E46 M3
Sounds like a good idea to me. However, I just registered and it says I need 150 posts or 1 year of membership to post anything in the for sale section!

Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:34 am

BMW: 1997 M3
If nobody else will post on M3F for you, I can.
Hit me back with what exactly you need the ad to read, along with pics & contact details.

Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:44 pm

BMW: 325isS52swap
Matt, did you manage to sell them?

Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]