It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
newish project M3 what else? 

BMW: 2002 M3
Post newish project M3 what else?
Whoops M3 #4. Just finished body work. Now mechanical work. Vanos and cooling system and put all together.
This one is Mystic Blue with cloth interior and SMG. Guess I will see what I think of it. I have never driven one with SMG so that will be new.
Canadian car, that is a switch for me, 127K was in great shape right until the front end collision.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:53 pm

BMW: 2008 335xi
2003 M3
Post Re: newish project M3 what else?
Awesome Bruce. I think the M cloth interior is fairly rare. Nice looking car.

I can give you some opinions on driving an SMG M3 if you want.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:34 am

BMW: E46 M3
Sunroof on this one?

Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:43 pm

BMW: 2005 M3
Nice!
I think all Canadian M3s had sunroofs?

Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:41 pm

Yes, sunroof on this. Yes all Canadian cars had sunroofs.
Color is Mystic Blue 712 cars with that color. Plus cloth interior makes it sort of rare.

Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:45 pm

Rick
I will be sure to take you up on the SMG offer. Right now it is a winter project.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:43 pm

BMW: 2003 E46 M3
Lovely Motor, ive got an SMG m3 in Ireland im thinking of importing to Alberta, It was my 1st SMG ive only owned Manual/stick shift M's before that, but it grew on me i have to say, and i love it, ive been watching the market here and it seems pretty up and down, not alot of good cars to choose from, not on Kijiji or autotrader anyway

Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:06 am

I would say Calgary is where you would find the least costly M3s in North America. I was trying to sell my 2002 sunroof delete car last summer. 1227 looks on KIJIJI and 2 people contacted me, one wanted to trade for a snow mobile and other had a VW for trade. Mine was the only coupe and there was half dozen convertibles some with SMG. Most probably due to lousy economic conditions here.
These days an M3 is more a fun car than a daily driver.
My problem is I like fixing cars up but then I'm crappy at selling them even at a loss!

Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:19 pm

qualicas wrote:
I would say Calgary is where you would find the least costly M3s in North America. I was trying to sell my 2002 sunroof delete car last summer. 1227 looks on KIJIJI and 2 people contacted me, one wanted to trade for a snow mobile and other had a VW for trade. Mine was the only coupe and there was half dozen convertibles some with SMG. Most probably due to lousy economic conditions here.
These days an M3 is more a fun car than a daily driver.
My problem is I like fixing cars up but then I'm crappy at selling them even at a loss!

Im Very fussy when it comes to my cars, but i also can see potential in some shitty looking cars, I too love working on them and making an averave car look great, its not very economical i agree, but when guys price them at $22k+ for a high milage car no history worth talking about and none of the major $$$ issues addressed it makes ya think are they just trying their luck or truly believe their M3 is made of gold,
or just plain clueless..
i was tempted to buy 1 this summer with a rebuild title, but its a gamble if i ever wanted to sell it on again it might not appeal to people

do you mind me asking how much yours sold for?

If i buy another e46 it will be a weekend/summer car, my current 1 has had 2500km put on it in the last 2 years, (its in Ireland as i mentioned and i hate rental vehicles so it comes out to play when i visit the motherland)

Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:58 am

Mine never did sell. I was asking $15,000. I have more than that in it. High mileage 135K MILES. Burns no oil, doesn't over heat. I did the vanos and cooling system last year.
I thought it was priced reasonably. Interior had no rips anywhere. Could certainly use some TLC. All in all a nice driver.
I picked it up in California and drove it home no issues.

I bought a wrecked 2002 M3 and thought I would swap the Red interior for the Dove. Turns out the wrecked car was not rusty so I rebuilt that. I engineered out all the BMW screw ups in that car. Don't want to sell it.

Then I will have this Blue car I'm working on now. It has a rebuilt title but it is low mileage. Don't know what I'm going to do with it.

Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:31 am

qualicas wrote:
Mine never did sell. I was asking $15,000. I have more than that in it. High mileage 135K MILES. Burns no oil, doesn't over heat. I did the vanos and cooling system last year.
I thought it was priced reasonably. Interior had no rips anywhere. Could certainly use some TLC. All in all a nice driver.
I picked it up in California and drove it home no issues.

I bought a wrecked 2002 M3 and thought I would swap the Red interior for the Dove. Turns out the wrecked car was not rusty so I rebuilt that. I engineered out all the BMW screw ups in that car. Don't want to sell it.

Then I will have this Blue car I'm working on now. It has a rebuilt title but it is low mileage. Don't know what I'm going to do with it.

Keep me in the Loop with the blue 1 it might be something im interested in, what front end damage had it?

Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:37 pm

I had to replace both front fenders, hood and bumper. Plus assorted other stuff associated. New headlights, rad condenser etc.
I had it at a body shop for about a year. It was there as fill in. He did a very nice job. He also said he had to do a bit of frame alignment as it was off about an inch overall. I couldn't see anything out. I guess measuring tapes do not lie.
Just ordered a bunch of stuff for it. Should arrive just before Christmas. My plan is to have it done for end of March, maybe ealier as a friend wants me to do his vanos!

Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:47 pm

Just fired it up for the first time since it crashed in 2015 I believe. After about a minute or so nice and smooth idle. Ran temps up to almost the first White mark on gauge. Didn't want to run it too long since it is in back bay of garage and I had tarp just lifted and OH door open about 3 ft. It is cold outside.
Started pretty much instantly. I now need to change oil. The car had been sold by a dealer about a month before I bought it but they couldn't have changed to oil since it looks pretty Black. I will wait now until a bit warmer out and I can open the OH door all the way.

Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:23 pm

BMW: e30 325i, e46 325iT
Nice car, qualicas, I love the seats. I am looking forward to having an S54 sometime.

I have no idea what SMG is like, have you driven it around enough to share?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:36 pm

Finally got the salvage inspection done. They were backed up then I was out of town. They asked if I would be interested to work part time for them!
I don't have a ticket, it is a hobby for me.
So now I can drive it around. SMG I just recently read is BMWs track vehicle. Never miss a shift up or down, can concentrate on driving. However, around town a bit different. Couple things I learned. It complains when you shut it down in neutral. It wants to be in 1st or reverse. I have settled on reverse. It won't start in anything but neutral. You want to turn key slowly so everything has a chance to go to neutral. If you leave it in gear at a stop light, it will complain. (it is same as if you are holding clutch in on a manual. I don't do it.) Throwing it into gear you have shift yourself and automatic. Then you can have any of 6 shift programs. It does shift smoother than me but that is not difficult to do.
It has only 127K on it so no rattles. Drives like a new car pretty much. Love the color and the cloth interior. Wouldn't you know, AC has not yet been charged and I drove it last couple of days. Last night I took one of my Black M3's out of storage. AC on that one works just fine. Drove it to work today, did not need AC. Can't win.
Now I am again wanting to sell my sunroof delete Black M3 for $15K. So far someone offered $7600 I should have said sure and produced my 2004 330Xi!
Also a 2007 Dodge 1 ton diesel 352KM! and someone wanted to buy the tinted corners. Boy selling a car is annoying. Have not yet had someone offering to help me sell it, maybe tomorrow!
Maybe I should sell the Blue one? but I sort of want to get some personal enjoyment first.
I need another project but need to sell a few first.

Thu May 17, 2018 10:35 pm

I really want 1 but timing is bad.. wedding to pay for

Fri May 18, 2018 8:29 am

BMW: 99M3 & 328 cab.
Can I ask where you took it for salvage inspection and how much it cost ?
I've got to get one done on the 328 very that I'm trying to get back on road
Any advice on the process ?
Thanks

Fri May 18, 2018 2:09 pm

Feens wrote:
I really want 1 but timing is bad.. wedding to pay for

She will understand. After all she is marrying a car guy. Or not.

Fri May 18, 2018 9:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]